Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FIlIPy65

HelioHost - free web hosting for professionals

2 posts in this topic

Hello there, here goes a little review mine about the free web host HelioHost and my experience with it.

I hope be useful.

Domain: heliohost.org

Review: A full featured free web host, a lot of languages supported, MySQL and PostgreSQL, a lot and unlimited stuff.

You have two options of server, on with the classic web host software (PHP, Python, etc) wich is more stable, and other with a more exotic software (ASP, Java, etc).

To make an account you need to wake early, because they have a daily quota of registers.

The forums is good, and the community better. There are good guys supporting, but appears that just one have the server power, what make the things go slow in certain situations.

Great to host things and test them, make HelioHost you home it's a little risk. Server downtime takes long, sometimes hours, sometimes days. While this you loose emails and what else, they say that mail server keep up and running, but usually both breaks... Anyway, downtime is a common thing there.

To keep your account active, you don't need to post, but need to log in your account across the HelioHost home page.

Score: (6/10)

You can use, but not stay there.

Other: My host use is very little, so I give up paid host to try back to free host and found HelioHost, but the downtime makes me run away from there 2 months later my register (from march to may of 2011).

After this time, maybe the things get changed. I saw that the forum software was. :)

If someone can say something about, please do it.

Regards.

Edited by FIlIPy65

Yeah, things have changed. Heliohost has improved significantly. Server Downtime is very less now but often the sites take a lot of time to load up. Thats wat made me run away from it to Vlexofree.