Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nkorth

000webhost

2 posts in this topic

They're a pretty good host, decent specs (more than 300MB if I remember correctly, I don't really need much storage space), and they don't require linkbacks/ads. Problem is, they run an old version of PHP, with very few useful extensions enabled (not even PDO), and they refuse to upgrade anything for free accounts. The support is quite frankly pathetic; support tickets are worthless and you *might* get help on the forums.

The uptime is very good, I could compare stats but I think it's on about the same level as Vlexo. I don't ever remember noticing outages, except for the occasional "server is too busy". They don't have an interview system, and they host a massive number of sites, so when there is downtime it's a DDoS or something... basically, it's a bit less stable.

I switched to Vlexo for my latest site because of PHP 5.3, but overall it seems more solid and professional than 000webhost.

nkorth,

I had hated 000webhost for the longest now. They tricked me to believe CPanel is installed and the servers kept going down. It took me awhile before I found this place. Thanks for posting the review!