Jonathan J

Issues

90 posts in this topic

Date: 29/08/2007

Server: Challenger

The paid server seems to be working good.

I've noticed that there are a couple issues with the free server, for some reason or the other was having issues loading, however http was down earlier this morning. I'm looking into the problem right now, and I've contacted our upstream provider.

Sorry if this caused any inconvenience.

Yeah whenever i make an account under Vlexo or LWD, i need to restart it, otherwise the peoples websites just dont work! :(

I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't delete my site.

Yeah it would delete your site for a week or more..and then we'd backup it..but its too much hassle and I think Eli was just joking :P

Formating means we got to reinstall the OS, Server, Root, WHM, Cpanel, Fantastico, and the hundreds of predefined configured modules...it is too much stress for us to do that.

We deeply apologize for the long period of downtime yesterday on our free server, challenger. We were having fdstab problems and I needed to contact some technical support people to get on it. They needed to do some hard work, as the server was not responding. They have brought it back up, and are currently working on it.

I will update you if anything more comes to my knowing.

Thanks,

Shikhir A

Hurrah! :)

I was wondering what was up after I did a ping test on Vlexo and it came back as

"CANNOT FIND HOST"

But the forum also was down for me. And this forum is hosted on Gravity not Challenger right?

Was there a issue with Gravity?

I believe that if I have access to the vlexo domain (which I dont), i could be able to make it so that when Challenger goes down, vlexo.com uses a account on gravity for like a announcement page or emergency board.

I believe that if I have access to the vlexo domain (which I dont), i could be able to make it so that when Challenger goes down, vlexo.com uses a account on gravity for like a announcement page or emergency board.

I agree. Because the forums are currently an official news source of server issues, they really need to be hosted on a non-hosting server, but that's not feasible for smaller companies. Maybe subscribe to third party service?

Hello,

From about 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM PST the entire network went down. This problem had nothing to do with our servers. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. As soon as I get word of what the problem exactly was, I will post it as a edit in this post.

BTW: This has never happened before.

Thanks for the info on that downtime Eli.

As far as i know of all the servers on Jewls network were unreachable...

It may of been that they had a an unscheduled upgrade?

Nope, It wasnt a upgrade.