jerrod

Wordpress php missing

8 posts in this topic

Hello, i will update with the template after i get home from work tonight.

[b]Account Plan[/b]: Expter 2000

[b]cPanel UserName[/b]: jerrod

[b]Your Domain or Subdomain[/b]: jerrod.vlexofree.com / sterrett2016.com

[b]Browser:[/b] Chrome/Firefox

[b]System (Mac/PC/Linux):[/b] PC

[b]Nature Of Problem[/b]: PHP Installation File / Mysql

[b]Error you are Getting [If applicable][/b]: included picture below.

[b]Problem[/b] My site is unusable due to the error "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the mysql extension". I cannot access a php.ini file that the google searches reconmend due to it being a shared server without that access.

Screenshot_20160630-185454.png                                         

I am getting a error on my wordpress sterrett2016.com thats says "your php instillation appears to be missing the mysql extension". I will include a photo as well. Is this a server issue with php down?

Edited by jerrod

I looked into it and I don't know whats wrong with your wordpress unfortunately. Your settings and config file were modified yesterday, if that wasn't you then maybe that could be the problem.  But from what I see, nothing is wrong with the server as everything else can connect to mysql and we all use the same version of PHP.

1 hour ago, Eli L said:

I looked into it and I don't know whats wrong with your wordpress unfortunately. Your settings and config file were modified yesterday, if that wasn't you then maybe that could be the problem.  But from what I see, nothing is wrong with the server as everything else can connect to mysql and we all use the same version of PHP.

I did try something in the config files but it didn't work. That was last night. It has been down since atleast Thursday if not earlier. I witnessed it on thursday. Some google results say recent php updats commented out a few important lines.

Other thing is maybe a server ip instead of localhost?

I am also experiencing this problem; it seems like a comment out in the php.ini file as seen here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/your-php-installation-appears-to-be-missing-the-mysql-extension-which-is-require

Account Plan: Personal

cPanel UserName: u7121397

Your Domain or Subdomain: tforden.com

Browser: Firefox

System (Mac/PC/Linux): PC (Windows 10)

Nature Of Problem: PHP not finding MySQL

Error you are Getting [If applicable]: "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress."

Problem: Same as above.

Edited by lancerfour

So I'm trying to troubleshoot this and what I see so far is that both of your wordpress's are over a year outdated. All my wordpress's on the server are up-to-date and working fine.

As with most problems, I'm going to ask you guys to manually update your wordpress and post back if that solved your problem.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Updating_WordPress#Manual_Update

1 hour ago, Eli L said:

So I'm trying to troubleshoot this and what I see so far is that both of your wordpress's are over a year outdated. All my wordpress's on the server are up-to-date and working fine.

As with most problems, I'm going to ask you guys to manually update your wordpress and post back if that solved your problem.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Updating_WordPress#Manual_Update

I had problems updating through cpanel, so I have updated through wordpress itself every time it presented me with updates, which have been again in the last couple of weeks. It always fails through site software but ill look into manual update.