islam

Account suspended

11 posts in this topic

Someone was trying to ddos or brute force something on your account so I suspended it to keep it and the server safe.

Unsuspended.

Hi Eli

My account is suspended again.  Is it the same attack ? Is there something i can do to prevent it? I set up the name servers to cloudflare

Hi Eli

My account is suspended again.  Is it the same attack ? Is there something i can do to prevent it? I have activated cloudflare under attack mode.  Hope this help 

I got notice that the server was being overloaded right as I was leaving for work so I suspended your account so the load would go down. Your site was taking up all available connections to the server with requests for your site.

One thing that causing so many problems is that your site is very resource intensive. If not already done, please enable Caching for all the pages of your site in your CMS. That way, instead of generating the pages for your site with every visitor, a cached page can be used to be displayed to all visitors which will reduce the load on the server.

The caching is already activated. Beside that i have not added any new elements to the website ,maybe, since April. 

I am with the idea of being under attack.  Would you tell me if there are specific pages or scripts intensively requested? 

Thanks Eli and sorry for the inconvenience 

That is login script of joomla.  It seems to be brutal force attack.

One last thing are there specific IPs or countries i can block ?

The IPs that I have tested have all be associated with cloudflare. Because cloudflare acts as a proxy I'm unable to see the actual IPs of the people trying to login.

It was a huge requests from Russia and eastern Europe countries. 

I attached a printscreen of them

I raised my security to high and put captcha challenges to those countries

Hope that help.  Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

Thanks EliScreenshot_٢٠١٦-١٢-١٤-٠٦-٤٨-٤٥.pngScreenshot_٢٠١٦-١٢-١٤-٠٦-٤٩-٠١.png