Dani

Favorite Artists/Bands

61 posts in this topic

My favourite band was Linkin Park but their latest album wasn't that good, so I changed my mind. Now my favourite band is underOATH (Christian Band).

I also listen to Metallica, Slipknot, System Of A Down,

Hillsong United (Christian band) and Planetshakers (Christian Band).

Anything to make you escape....

Fourthwrite - 360 and Pez - Because they were generous enough to let me use their songs!! Thanks Boyce!

And Yes ... SlipKnot RULE!!!

im with johnaton, linkin park was one of mine but there lasted album sucked. but i would say crossfade, shinedown, breakin benjamin, saliva.

From international music I like fredy mercury, John Petruchi (Dream Theatre), Hoobastank, Muse, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE and more...

From indonesian is the music of my country i Like Peterpan Band, Anima Band, Antique Band, The Titans Band and more...

Reviving rather dead topics is a great thing I heard... (sorry).

However, I would just like to find out why everyone thinks Linkin Park's latest album, Minutes to Midnight, is so terrible?

Aside from that, my favourite bands would include Linkin Park, Demon's and Wizards, Rock Ranger, and perhaps a bit of Soilwork.

Just a bit of clarification. Rock Ranger is a band from Cape Breton. A little Island on the East Coast of Canada where I grew up. Most people on the island don't really consider ourselves part of another province, (which is Nova Scotia), but that's for another time. I found this band on one of my trips back east quite some time ago. It's unfortunate they haven't spread as quickly through the music industry, but none the less, I enjoy their music.

Their website

Song Example 1 - Shotgun

Song Example 2 - Cut and Dry

Rammstein, Eisbrecher, Delain as well as Epica are some more of my favourites. The aforementioned bands are mostly European. Rammstein and Eisbrecher being from Germany, and Delain as well as Epica from the Netherlands.

*To all you Americans, yes, FAVOURITE is spelled correctly. I am from Canada. Also, lol, nice job on the drive through corner stores. Only in America ...

Edited by eRott

Ive always liked how other countries spell words different from us. Then again, we are the odd ones with our driving on the right side of the road and customary system.

Anyways, my answer to your LP question would have to be that I like only *some* of the new album. I loved the lyrical quality of the last two albums and on the new album, I really do like What Ive Done, Leave Out All the Rest, and Hands Held High. To me, songs like Bleed it Out and Given Up just dont attract me musically or lyrically. Their old albums on the other hand, are quite amazing. Numb, Somewhere I Belong, Breaking the Habit, A Place for my Head, I can go on :)

What is it that you like about their new album?

Hmm what do I like about the new album. Well, I guess it would have to be the lyrical values behind many of their songs. Aside from that just the music as well. But I will agree with you, I enjoy their other albums much more then this newer one. I also enjoy Reanimation. That album wasn't too shabby.

Reanimation didnt appeal to me much. I used to love LP a lot though. By that, I mean I listened to them almost any chance I got. Then I discovered much more awesome bands ;)

Of those bands, my favorites are Chiodos, Relient K, Underoath, Paramore, The Almost, and Anberlin. I suggest you give them a listen :)

I think people don't like the new LP album so much because of the style of it. It's different from their other albums and it seems more slower paced than meteora and hybrid theory. (I used to totally be in love with them lol XDD).

But my favorite bands right now would have to be AFI & Breaking Benjamin. :)

Lady Sovereign!.. Usher, T-Pain & Chris Brown are quite cool also :)

*It ain't all about tea & biscuits.. I'm one of those English missfits!*

Edited by Davey G

Lady Sovereign!.. Usher, T-Pain & Chris Brown are quite cool also :)

*It ain't all about tea & biscuits..

I'm one of those English missfits! I dont drink tea i drink spirits..*