Jonathan J

Quad Down

59 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Looking into the problem right now, as to why Quad is down! Will update with information in my next post.

p.s. I've been busy lately. :-) Not been able to get to the computer screen.

Update:

The server came back for a short time then became completely unresponsive. Tech guys at the Data center are going to manually restart the server and then figure out what service is causing the problems.

Estiamted time of how long this will take? As if I have nothing better to do than to just wait for some tech guys that probably know less than me, which isn't a lot....

Estiamted time of how long this will take? As if I have nothing better to do than to just wait for some tech guys that probably know less than me, which isn't a lot....

Estimated time = unknown

When more info becomes avaliable it will be posted.

The server is down again.

Before it went completely to hell I was in the process of trying to stop mysql from shell but I wasn't fast enough and the server became unresponsive.

I now just tried to do a remote reboot of the server but I got a 500 error on the page. The system status shows all services down so either the server died or the reboot command went through.

So the reboot worked. The server is back up. And I terminated all the suspended accounts.

I also stopped mysql. So your forums/blogs/databases will not work. Hopefully this will keep the server from going out of control until this get fixed.

So if it is mysql then you can have it off for a little and have everything else working or you can have it on and wait for the server to die again. I like the first one.

Edit: mysql keeps coming back when i stop it :S . Oh well. I need to go to sleep.

MySQL works again.:)

Yet CpanelX says it down. :??

Maybe a rouge account is running something he shouldnt be running (o_O) or maybe a DDOS attack?

[EDIT] MySQL Doesnt work. My Bad.

Edited by zepheria
Because I said so!

FTP wasn't working at 5.45 am my time this morning (tried to upload something before work ;)) Was only thing not working however (cpanel, site etc were fine)..

It's working now I'm home :D

Yeah, i second that.

mySQL is going down, then coming back online.

EDIT: The server is quite slow aswell, this could be due to the high server load.

The server load is down to 2.16 and the memory usage is back down to 76.8%. MySQL still seems to be sketchy though.

EDIT: It looks like everything is back to normal. :)

EDIT 2: Nevermind. MySQL took a plunge again. :(

EDIT 3: MySQL is more steady(er) now. Only experiencing outages every so often.

Edited by Kevin M

I think we may need to be starting a manual search of every account or getting some info from the Tech guys on where this is coming from.

It is reminding me of a time when I was using my own servers and someone had uploaded a proxy script to the server. It wasn't written properly and just caused mass headaches.

If you are reading this message and you are running a script which you installed maybe a week or so ago, please let us know. This may solve our problems quicker. As long as this dodgy script (if that is the cause) is still up, you are affecting yourself too, not just everyone else. We just want to see this fixed, if the affecting script is found on your account by us manually, your account will 100% be suspended until you sort something out with us. You have been warned!

Vlexo would like to take this time to thank everyone for being patient at this point. We are immensly sorry for the response of the server.

MySQL seems to be down again. Well , thanks for the fast heads up guys. I hope you do find who is behind this and bring justice ! (Uh am I speaking like a superhero now). Anyhow , do keep us posted on the status

Thank You and Three Cheers !

@ prasys

Note that I just edited my post and made it a tad bigger ;)

Gee I read it. Speaking of upgrades and scripts , I recently updated my Wordpress installation to the greatest and latest version of it (I believe it was 2.6.2). I am not sure if that upgrade is causing havocs or not. Just letting you guys know :P

Thanks again Matty B for the updates !

Well, i'm running wordpress at the moment as well as a CRM script, so i doubt they'd be hogging up resources and causing this.

Though, i look forward to having this fixed.

No no.. Sorry I should have clarified that a bit more...

I'm talking about newly developed scripts. Not MyBB and Wordpress or Joomla or anything like that.

Maybe a script that you had custom written for you or someone gave you a script that looks good and "seems" to work on their site etc.

Thanks for the responses though guys :D

Also please note. We are aware that the SQL is going then stopping.

I'm making a referral script for Tyreus.com however that has been running (in development) for weeks. So I doubt it's cuasing the problems. I thought I'd let you know just in case. :)

I'm making a referral script for Tyreus.com however that has been running (in development) for weeks. So I doubt it's cuasing the problems. I thought I'd let you know just in case. :)

Thanks. It's scripts like this we need to know about :D