Jonathan J

Sorry for startling everyone!

40 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Vlexo isn't closing. I just forgot to pay the server bill and frankly I haven't been on the internet, that much lately. - I'm actually taking a course up in C++. All bills paid and the Vlexo.com URL should work... if not FLUSHDNS or clear your cache or just wait till your ISP updates. (Depending on how fast or slow it is)

I apologize for causing this and worrying people that their data could have gone; won't happen again. :) I was notified by my servers provider by phone, however my number had changed and my phone company had passed on the message that a company from the US had phoned up the number.

Either way, I'm sorry... glad to be here though! Oh and let me just say this, it's always good to retain your own back ups!

The reasoning behind me not being here, the past few months is personal and I apologize for any stress I've put on the staff; especially Eli as I've seen him doing a hell of a lot, with what he has had to put up with.

Hey! Great to hear!

I think you gave us all a pretty nice scare.:rolleyes:

Glad Vlexo is still alive but I was still wondering what that paypal account for vlexo was since I'd like to chip in a few bucks. ;)

Oh and let me just say. I still don't have that much TIME on the internet, however I will make the decision to pay the bill per month; as it's not that much. Furthermore, I initially paid $500 for that QuadCore server (Which I'm still leasing), so I'm not exactly going to get rid of it, anytime soon! :D

Hey! Great to hear!

I think you gave us all a pretty nice scare.:rolleyes:

Glad Vlexo is still alive but I was still wondering what that paypal account for vlexo was since I'd like to chip in a few bucks. ;)

No need to chip in anything. :P All under control. Though that's the thing, for Vlexo to expand, e.g. for another server/website design, I would have to spend even more money, to which I should have saved. But hey, gimme a break, I've inherited a ?1000 a month mortgage and bills are a huge pain. - Though I should be able to keep up payments for Vlexo! :)

LOL ..

.. and the url pointing to http://d74232.u92.imountain.com looks really weird for a url.. :P

Yeah. That's iMountains URL that they give us, in case of such occurrences, otherwise I would have simplified it to a much easier subdomain.

http://forum.vlexo.com

http://vlexo.com

http://news.vlexo.com

The above domain, and subdomains should work.

Oh and hey. :)

woohoo!!! :D

pass on the beers!! for a while i thought today's april 1st... :P

so glad vlexo is still here...thank you jon :D

No problem. I'll try to make sure this doesn't happen again... I'll have to activate the subscription payment method in paypal. :)

Props go out to Eli and Matty - and also the rest of the staff of course. However they've been running the back-end of things. I REALLY do appreciate what they do, seeing as they don't get paid or anything like this, well nor do I as well and I have to chuck in some money every month. But it's worth it!

And as I said on my blog, I will announce a definite closure if and WHEN it gets to that stage. However I see Vlexo running through unto the end of 2009. (Things I bet will be re-worked by then)

I've also closed all the other announcement threads, seeing as this is the current thread, I want everyone to see! :)

Thanks all. I'm also going to send an email out with this update!

As if by magic, Jon returns. Fantastic to see that although you still don't have much time, all is well with you are you are coping with the terrible financial situation. You're a great guy to offer all this for nothing in return, thanks. I guess the saying is true 'You don't truly appreciate what you have, until its gone.'

Thanks Jon, you have just saved me from a load more pressure on my already overburdened shoulders!

Edit, Jon, does this affect the thing about the Financeer or whatever?

Thanks Jon, you have just saved me from a load more pressure on my already overburdened shoulders!

Edit, Jon, does this affect the thing about the Financeer or whatever?

The "Financeer" was our last ditch effort to save the server if WT could not contact Jon, but since Jon was contacted and paid the bills, that persons services are no longer needed but they are very appreciated :)

*Breaks Out The Celebration Bugle*

Howdy MR JJ :D Welcome back to your humble abode!

Thankyou for the kind words.

Please note that I have been told that the Financeer is happy to do this again if it ever happens.. Plus he wants his own servers too :P..

Abyway, very happy to see you back Jon. No faith lost here!

Edit: @ Jon You got your e-Mail on? If so there is a message I'm about to send you!

YAAAAAAAAAYYY!!

Thank you Jon for coming back and paying for the server and the domain.

And thanks to Eli and the other staff for trying to keep Vlexo afloat before Jon got here.

:D

WOW.. I seriously thought Vlexo.com was gone.. It had one of those silly ad-based-search sites that you get when someone slips payment and some corporation that own hundreds of peoples domains, snaps it up and then charges you like $1000+ to get it back. Especially when i saw the "Updated" stats on the domain..

Well... Vlexo.com is back.. Get on it anyway! LOL :P

That's the thing, when a domain expires, the domain registrar, or ICANN gives you a month (30 days), before it becomes publicly available for purchase. Meaning, people can't register your domain until the 30 days are over, I can see that scenario happening if I hadn't of come online to re-new the domain; however luckily the internet has been good to me. :D

Glad to see everyone here! :)

Glad to see all is well. I was actually just about to buy paid shared hosting from Geek Storage until I saw this ;) I am getting more features through Vlexo, kindly provided for free, than just about any paid plan for less than 5 dollars (that I would trust to buy from, at least). Thanks so much for everything, Jonathon, and the rest of the Vlexo team. :)