Noobeedoo

Google PR is killing me !

18 posts in this topic

the elusive PageRank... this is my ultimate goal for my websites..

And it's still very elusive..

Got any good ideas to achieve this ??

PageRank obsession is killing me !

:D

The usual way is to advertise to the extent that you get loads of back links; which have to some extent pagerank. Google also go by the relevancy of back links, so your best bet is to either buy advertising on webmaster websites and as such increase your traffic; so word of mouth can spread around.

Though that's the thing, pagerank isn't all too important, what you should be focusing on; is increasing the amount of visitors you get per day/week/month. Though a lot of people see pagerank as a marketing tool, e.g. to sell links on your website because you have pagerank. In that case pagerank is very good as there are people out there that will buy links on your website becuase of your pagerank... and don't usually enquire on how many visitors you get per month.

My advice on increasing pagerank: Advertise on websites which have pagerank and that are relevant to your blog/website; that ideally is the purpose of pagerank IMHO. So that it helps the actual Google Search Engine to determine keywords set by the user of the search to have more relevant results. :)

Hmmmmm... okay.. very helpful reply there.

@ Jon

1. What happened to impagerank.com ? I was using that site to check pageranks and other useful information about websites.. for a long time, it's displaying 500 Internal Server Error.

2. Are WordPress tags (or any CMS that use tags) as useful or better than meta name="keywords" (inserted inside the

of the html code)?

Thanks.

Hmmmmm... okay.. very helpful reply there.

@ Jon

1. What happened to impagerank.com ? I was using that site to check pageranks and other useful information about websites.. for a long time, it's displaying 500 Internal Server Error.

Well Jon wasnt here for the installation of suphp so he probably didnt change his permissions accordingly.

@ Jon

Good thing you're here.. what happened to impagerank.com ? somethingto do with suphp according to Eli .. that's a useful website.. its good to see that site online again for public use.. :)

Edited by Noobeedoo

A friend got PR1 in 1 month and PR3 in 3 months (at least that's what he said).. I'm still trying to contact him how he did that.. sneeky fellow, he just wouldn't tell me..

His blog is all about Ferrari F60 and McLaren MP4-24.

ahh...he's an f1 fan...

well, i read somewhere that one effective way to get a pagerank is by commenting on blogs that have high pageranks and putting your url in the website field of the comment area...and commenting means seriously commenting and not spamming...also, the blogs you should be commenting on must not be using the "nofollow" rule in links, otherwise your link is useless...but i think, it's still a bit of spamming, just a bit...but then if you're adding value to the site you are commenting on, it doesn't hurt, or at least that's what they say...

i'm a bit skeptical about this method though, because there's still an underlying spamming involved...then again, it can be looked at as a barter...you add value to the site and you get a link back...

i am still undecided if this is ethical or what...what do you guys think? :)

Edited by coldspag

All this "Penn and Teller thing" most "SEO experts" do to make a living.. my friend doesnt even make use of tags nor keyword BS in his blog.. and yet he gained PR3 in 3 months ?!

So I gather its all about original website content / original article..

I will test this theory out and see what the outcome would be.

that site sucks man..look at my website "www.machbio.co.cc"

look at the bottom.. my page rank...10/10..

really noob play man... i entered "www.google.com"...

i got the page rank of 10....

if u really want to show off in front of ur friends.. u can do it...

but not in the real sense...

You have right click disabled :mad:

I hate you.

Luckily I have disabled right click disabled in my settings! Haha! I win!

I don't even see the point why you are using Google's pagerank on your website. It defeats the purpose of http://www.prchecker.info ...

But then, if it makes you happy, go ahead, by all means... LOL

@ noobee doo...

well prchecker is not real time checker man.. its stationary like once u enter ur site you get the site..but it is not regularly updated..

like other pagerank checkers with there scripts/php...which are real time..

@eli..

me small time website builder...dont mind.. not like you guys.. maintaining such big site..

@machbio

I don't mind real-time or not real-time pagerank / page rank checker.. I'm just using that prchecker website to check a website's pagerank.. I don't plan to add that pagerank button in my website.. like you did. :)

@ Jan

Thanks for the offer.. I totally forgot to reply to your post.. as much as I wanted to have a PR1 domain, my goal is to acquire it on my own..