Kiro R

So like...

8 posts in this topic

...I installed Ubuntu earlier this morning, and I love it. Most people don't like it I'm assuming, but I think it's amazing. Although it took me about 3 hours to install LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) because I had to update Phpmyadmin and all that good stuff.

But yeah, right now I'm viewing desklets and screenlets or whatever.;)

14ufdkl.png

Aaron A.

Well good job. Now stay away from windows and never go back ;)

I used Ubuntu when I first started using linux. But since then Ubunu became too restrictive for me and I moved on to Arch Linux :)

Arch Linux?

I'm going to look that up and see what that's like. I'm trying to stay away from windows now that I'm on Linux. Windows isn't drawing my attention anymore. I just backed up my documents and pictures that I wanted and added them on my Linux OS. ;)

Aaron A.

Well arch is not for New linux users.

The core installation is just that. It contains only a core set of files so you can boot and do basic tasks.

Unlike ubuntu with all of its autoconfig, arch you configure everything yourself and install everything you need and want without all the bundled crap that comes with, for example, ubuntu.

Its a linux system exactly the way you make it.

Yes I am using Archlinux as well, it is really good as you just install all the basics and then you can add the features you need like graphical userinterface and all that. You do not have anything on there you do not need.

Hey! Another fellow ubuntu user! :D

I originally used CentOS5 but switched to ubuntu after some time and loved it. :cool:

Unfortunately, i can not run my lappy (laptop) on linux since it always shoves a Kernal Error down my throat.

My desktops a bit embarrassing to show. :P

Hey! Another fellow ubuntu user! :D

I originally used CentOS5 but switched to ubuntu after some time and loved it. :cool:

Unfortunately, i can not run my lappy (laptop) on linux since it always shoves a Kernal Error down my throat.

My desktops a bit embarrassing to show. :P

Oh, haha, nice to know! ;)

Though I've never heard of the "Kernal Error".

Aaron A.