Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jacksite

webs.com (Formely Freewebs)

10 posts in this topic

Domain: http://www.webs.com

Review: Easy to use features but yet lacks soo many features. The HTML plan really dosen't do anything and you can only use a File Manager (Aka it SUCKS)

Cool New-comer mode with site builder. But, loads of downtimes and many are not planned

Score: (3/10)

Other: I don't reccomend HTML users to this host

These are just a few of the many reasons I moved:

1. Slow

2. No PHP, Perl, CGI, FTP, and lots more you expect from a host...

3. Did I mention slow?

4. Lots of bugs on the site

5. Soo many downtimes...

I know this topic is sorta old but, Webs does allow server-side includes and if you have an HTML-Only account you can get CGI/Perl too, I think.

I know this topic is sorta old but, Webs does allow server-side includes and if you have an HTML-Only account you can get CGI/Perl too, I think.

No you can't. I have a html only site and its just the Filemanager, which is sorta suckish.

A bit after this review Webs teamed up with someone and now they do have more "advanced" accounts. But you have to pay for them :

Freewebs (or Webs.com whatever) will never be a web host that is for the serious website developer, while it has two different account types Site builder and HTML or whatever it is now, even if you have a HTML account you have basic platform to work with. No server side code is allowed, so you won't be able to develop anything Dynamic, but really you wouldn't choose webs.com for a serious dynamic website. It's all about fancy pre-coded templates which make the newbie website creator all happy. It will never cater for the advanced user. Instead you'll be given, "fancy" widgets and forums which are coded in javascript (if they still have that stupid widget)

All in all. Webs.com is for someone that is just starting out as a webmaster and has absolutely no clue on how to create a website. Thats why webs.com is good for the newbies. And a final note. DO NOT BUY THE PREMIUM SERVICES. Waste of time, if you want a premium service it's because you want a better host. Move host. A free web host like Vlexo will give you everything.

**RANT OVER (I guess)***