jacksite

Which is the best photo editing software?

What is the best photo editing software   46 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best photo editing software

• Photoshop
    • Gimp
    • Paint.NET
    • MS PAINT (LOL!)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 posts in this topic

photoshop... but if u are looking for vector based design.. try adobe illustrator for large banners.. and using type fnts its got this huge database of fonts in it..

I know you wrote "lol" after MS Paint, but I really think it is an excellent editing tool. With a steady hand, one can draw absolutely anything, and besides, there's nothing more fun than distorted a picture from, say, yur friend's bday party. With paint, you can whip something together in about five minutes.

It depends on what you're looking for in an Image Editing Program. I would say photoshop is the best because it does basically everything and more than all of the other Image Editing Programs. But if you cannot afford it Paint or GIMP would be your best bet! :)

I know you wrote "lol" after MS Paint, but I really think it is an excellent editing tool. With a steady hand, one can draw absolutely anything, and besides, there's nothing more fun than distorted a picture from, say, yur friend's bday party. With paint, you can whip something together in about five minutes.

http://www.ubersite.com/m/84167

Photoshop but for personal use or advanced users I recomend Gimp ... it's pretty much as photoshop but it is free

And photoscape for quick editing

I prefer GIMP and here's why: :)

First of all GIMP is free both price wise and freedom wise. http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

GIMP is not developed by one company but instead by a community.

Also, you are feeding Adobe more money by buying their product.

Besides ethics GIMP is also better feature wise:

It works on all major operating systems including Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.

It has had the "Content aware fill" feature in photoshop CS5 for years now already as a plugin. Resynthesizer (not my video)

There are tons of plugins that make GIMP like Photoshop. http://www.techzilo.com/download-free-gimp-plugins/ (many more on the web, it's easy to develop them with any language too)

Finally, it's updated much more often the photoshop.

Edited by King Herring XIV

Any photo professionals on here have an opinion? Obviously photoshop is the most feature packed and has become the industry standard. Also has the largest price tag on the list. But looking through a B&H catalog, there is TONS of software to rival photoshop's price tag. I've always been curious if photoshop just has the lead as the most popular professional program just because of how adobe has a monopoly over the industry, becoming the standard in web design, vector and graphics production and pretty much intertwined every corner of the process with its creative suites. Is there another program to rival photoshop's features, just without the popularity?

I'd have to say gimp, because you can get it for free and do anything you do in photoshop....why get something expensive, when you can get something for free....