Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chetzu

Concursul.info account suspended

18 posts in this topic

Today I've noticed that my website: www.concursul.info hosted at vlexo on a hosting plan which includes only a linkback was terminated. What was wrong with my website? :mellow:

I have just checked and it just states 'Spamming'. I am assuming that you have been sending out spam from your account and that is why you were suspended. Doing that is against our TOS, so why did you do it?

I have just checked and it just states 'Spamming'. I am assuming that you have been sending out spam from your account and that is why you were suspended. Doing that is against our TOS, so why did you do it?

I wasn't spaming anything. As the descriptions says it's an archive for educational content. I am keeping wandering what had I spammed because I barely used the email feature. All the e-mails for my website were sent through a gmail account. The only issue which I think that cause that "spamming report" might be the fact that I've logged in to the e-mail account via opera mail and lately it kept saying that the login in to my e-amil account failed. In the last 24 hours from suport [at] concursul.info I sent only one e-mail containing a picture to a classmate. IS THAT SPAMMING?

Please tell me what should I do :):)

I didnt suspended you... I dont know who did. But changes are coming to VlexoFree and now one of those changes is going to be that the suspender must specify their name at the end of the "reason".

I didnt suspended you... I dont know who did. But changes are coming to VlexoFree and now one of those changes is going to be that the suspender must specify their name at the end of the "reason".

The whole real name?

P.s: actually I doesn't matter for me who suspended me . I only want to know what do I have to do to get my website back up and working again. Thanks{ from now on I'm going to use the support template for my tehnical requests and specify all the needed fields,it's my mistake for not doing that}

L.E.: Sorry I was tired and I haven't read the word "suspendor" in your post. I've thought you needed my name,,,silly :lol:

So what do I have to do to get my website up&running again? :D

I found the reason!

> [ SpamCop V4.6.0.029 ]

> This message is brief for your comfort. Please use links below for details.

>

> Spamvertised web site: http://www.concursul.info/

> http://www.concursul.info/ is 209.188.83.160; Tue, 20 Oct 2009 06:24:24 GMT

>

> Spamvertised web site: http://www.concursul.info/invitatie.JPG

> http://www.concursul.info/invitatie.JPG is 209.188.83.160; Tue, 20 Oct 2009 06:24:24 GMT

>

>

> This is an email abuse report for an email message received from IP source 209.85.219.211 on Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:36:17 -0700

> For more information about this format please see http://www.mipassoc.org/arf/

>

> MIME element (message/feedback-report)

> Encapsulated message (message/rfc822)

> Headers of embedded message (message/rfc822)

> Delivered-To: x

> Received: by 10.90.74.8 with SMTP id w8cs195232aga;

> Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:36:22 -0700 (PDT)

> Received: by 10.211.143.10 with SMTP id v10mr5661798ebn.57.1255962978995;

> Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:36:18 -0700 (PDT)

> Return-Path:

> Received: from mail-ew0-f211.google.com (mail-ew0-f211.google.com [209.85.219.211])

> by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 6si5273171ewy.28.2009.10.19.07.36.17;

> Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:36:17 -0700 (PDT)

> Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of contactelearn@gmail.com designates 209.85.219.211 as permitted sender) client-ip=209.85.219.211;

> Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of contactelearn@gmail.com designates 209.85.219.211 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=contactelearn@gmail.com; dkim=pass (test mode) header.i=@gmail.com

> Received: by ewy7 with SMTP id 7so3875818ewy.10

> for ; Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:36:17 -0700 (PDT)

> DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;

> d=gmail.com; s=gamma;

> h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references

> :date:message-id:subject:from:content-type;

> bh=tQJnuG2NR4buBepj0C330b5CMvwz8Z1tlUcN9rT8WZ8=;

> b=nVcn2o2pP5OeJtvqu7edz0wc5oNQ/CzsTnd3F42PQHLtz8SxLTBi17jREdkqAGcChE

> uZoeOIG3wUpcNnVq/MU6wcJ82x2Ge+h7uG7tozr+JJdnmjpbm4iF1tdKPhS1JihZdpGC

> FJtoqzQipsxBVlVJXo4tbFVhs0m3zy4hDYFR0=

> DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;

> d=gmail.com; s=gamma;

> h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from

> :content-type;

> b=V5eWvJteO7HC00cFC0IVYxzgos5suOojNbrtmi49Qhc/IWqdgM+rjvMi6aoaUKTt/n

> pwJTnrhLaZtOEJ2DAofCX3h7Pa72zpD0LnNAKjkCLe2c2gT3mho7cZHUN0tox6dTmkcS

> JpZ33So+H7YzQPzuPBXP1TC1UDgq8VtIlWkVk=

> MIME-Version: 1.0

> Received: by 10.210.4.23 with SMTP id 23mt7111457ebd.96.1255962969509; Mon, 19

> Oct 2009 07:36:09 -0700 (PDT)

> In-Reply-To:

> References:

> Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:36:09 +0300

> Message-ID:

> Subject: Arhiva ta online de materiale educative->Concursul.info

> From: Claudiu Popescu

> Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=000e0ce03eda1c4e8004764aab76

>

> (multipart/mixed)

> (multipart/related)

> (multipart/alternative)

> MIME element (text/plain)

> [image: Invitatie Concursul.info]

> Ati primit acest e-mail deoarece va aflati in baza noastra de date. Pentru

> excluderea dvs. de pe aceasta lista va rugam sa trimiteti un reply blank/

> gol ( fara continut) catre aceasta adresa de e-mail.

> Daca nu puteti vizualiza aceasta imagine va rugam sa accesati

> linkul

> .

>

> --

> Cu stima ,

> Webmaster Concursul.infoe-mail:*contactelearn@gmail.com

> *suport@concursul.info

> www.concursul.info--^-^Arhiva

> ta online de materiale

> educative.^-^

>

> MIME element (text/html)

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Ati primit acest e-mail

> deoarece va aflati in baza noastra de date. Pentru excluderea dvs. de

> pe aceasta lista va rugam sa trimiteti un reply blank/ gol ( fara

> continut) catre aceasta adresa de e-mail.

> Daca nu puteti vizualiza aceasta imagine va rugam sa accesati linkul.

>

> --

> Cu stima ,

> Webmaster Concursul.info

> e-mail:*contactelearn@gmail.com

> *suport@concursul.info

>

> www.concursul.info--^-^Arhiva ta online de materiale educative.^-^

>

>

>

>

> MIME element (image/jpeg)

> MIME element (text/plain)

>

It was reported to us by our upstream providers.

Now that I know what the spam is, explain it.

I found the reason!

It was reported to us by our upstream providers.

Now that I know what the spam is, explain it.

Yes it reffers to an e-mail sent by me two weeks ago. I've received a e-amil list and I've given an e-mail through my mozilla thunderbird but it freezed the whole program and I thought that the e-mail hasn't been sent. Since then I've cut my list into pieces of 50 e-mails and send the through gmail. I didn't know that it the messeage was really send because my mail client just got stucked and I had to restart it loosing all my data. I didn't mean to do any spam via this e-mail account.

Now let me explain : the amil contains an image like a flyer which redirects you to my website and a specification of how to unsuscribe to the e-amil letter list. Most of the e-mails given in that list are out of order(it is like a fake) but I kept sending messages. According to the google terms I am allowed to send only 50 or 100 e-mails to avoid spamming. ( I don't think that it can be considered spamming when I give the option to the person to Unsuscribe to the e-mail and the e-mail hasn't been sent twice to a e-mail adress)

My questions is : Did I spammed actually through my gmail account? :blink: ( if it is so then I can assure you that this wasn't my purpose. I'm not sacrificing 15 minutes every day to spam through my gmail account )

The point is here, I believe, enough people have marked this email as spam to label it as a spamming site. Which means the people on you're email list either never signed up to get your emails in which case you're spamming, or the emails you're sending are is nothing more then an ad that no one wants to see, which is also spamming. In conclusion, stop sending out these ad emails directing to your website because enough people dont want to see them.

You seem sincere about this so I'll unsuspend you and trust you'll follow my advice.

The point is here, I believe, enough people have marked this email as spam to label it as a spamming site. Which means the people on you're email list either never signed up to get your emails in which case you're spamming, or the emails you're sending are is nothing more then an ad that no one wants to see, which is also spamming. In conclusion, stop sending out these ad emails directing to your website because enough people dont want to see them.

You seem sincere about this so I'll unsuspend you and trust you'll follow my advice.

Believe me Eli that I truly dedicate myself to this kind of site even I have almost no revenue from it. The work of gathering and publishing contest subject isn't that easy. It takes some time and it's like a hobby for me to do this afterschool. The list was a gift from one of my friends which has an website and also has a newsletter subscription list with the e-mails on my list. I'm sorry for causing vlexo this kind of bad label this way. I'll stop using that list and I'll never link to a vlexo hosted page in any e-mail. Thank you very much for your kindness. Have a nice day. :PB)

Haha, first it was email abuse, now its resource abuse.

Its your index page here:

"/home/chetzu/public_html/concursul.info/index.php"

I saw it fork like 15 processes on the server and it was in turn causing very high load.

Haha, first it was email abuse, now its resource abuse.

Its your index page here:

"/home/chetzu/public_html/concursul.info/index.php"

I saw it fork like 15 processes on the server and it was in turn causing very high load.

I'm using a joomla platform and I'm a newbie at this point....can you tell me what proceses were runing? ... I don't know what has been the problem of the core .... ( if you are willing to let me continue using the account)

At this moment I can only think about the fact that I run the compress option to zip and download some backups ( via Cpannel).... or the heavy load might be caused by the fact that I don't use the cache option due to the limited amount of space ( it reaches the limit of 25o mb in 3-4 days with the cache on) :mellow:

The base software (joomla) shouldnt do this so it has to be something else with it. Usually its a crappy plugin that you installed in it or maybe a cron, or a resource intensive setting.

If it keep happening...bad stuff.

The base software (joomla) shouldnt do this so it has to be something else with it. Usually its a crappy plugin that you installed in it or maybe a cron, or a resource intensive setting.

If it keep happening...bad stuff.

Can you give me a summary or a clue for the errors caused ? I'll try to activate the cache....cron jobs none ....it might be the fact that I tested the speed of my website here: http://loadimpact.com/view-test.php?testlogid=80021.... ( it opened a lot of connections I think)

Thanks for unsuspending it. :unsure:

Oh, you need to change your domain's nameservers to ns1.vlexofree.com and ns2.vlexofree.com. I moved your account over to the new server and those are the only ns pointed to it

Oh, you need to change your domain's nameservers to ns1.vlexofree.com and ns2.vlexofree.com. I moved your account over to the new server and those are the only ns pointed to it

Ok

p.s: hope it works