Patrick V

Live Support Chat

27 posts in this topic

Hey Eli i thought of an idea that will maxmise your support by having a live support chat system. I use it on my site to provide my vistitos live computer and network support.

I just an suggestion

Patrick V

We tried that a while back before.

We just dont have the people here to provide live support.

If I can help I offer volunteer for a live support. :) I can work 1-2 hours a day for you free ( the time period depens on the load that I have that day).

This is an idea that will only work if a large amount of Support members are working on 'shifts', so there is almost always someone on. This isn't something that will work well at VlexoFree for some time to come.

This is an idea that will only work if a large amount of Support members are working on 'shifts', so there is almost always someone on. This isn't something that will work well at VlexoFree for some time to come.

well, you can setup standard oprating hours. that's what i do for my site. If they chat is not online just redirect them to the forum

I just made #VlexoFree on freenode.net. you guys can live chat there i guess. Although i dont know how to do complex irc stuff and all that and i wont be on...much at all.

I just made #VlexoFree on freenode.net. you guys can live chat there i guess. Although i dont know how to do complex irc stuff and all that and i wont be on...much at all.

You could try a like forum shoutbox or something. Idk if IPB has 'em.

A shoutbox is an alright idea, but probably best for general chit chat.

Tech Support is probably best kept to threads or tickets - easier to manage communication that way.

About time. :P

Like Eli said we tried chat support and it didn't really take off. People weren't asking questions or even using the chat support and because there were sew few who were using the chat support, we decided to get rid of it. (How many times did I say 'chat support'? :P)

IRC sounds good, if anyone uses it? I remember we tried or setup one of these some time ago (Probably a year and a half ago) and just like the chat support (I said it again), no one used it, and in the end it came redundant.

Like Eli said we tried chat support and it didn't really take off. People weren't asking questions or even using the chat support and because there were sew few who were using the chat support, we decided to get rid of it. (How many times did I say 'chat support'? :P)

IRC sounds good, if anyone uses it? I remember we tried or setup one of these some time ago (Probably a year and a half ago) and just like the chat support (I said it again), no one used it, and in the end it came redundant.

Add a freenode WebIRC page or link. It's an easy way to get people on your channel. We do it at Tyreus. ;)

I know this is an old post, but...

I think IRC would be a good idea for those who want it.

I, personally, use IRC a lot, as it helps me get support for my *nix systems, but everyone is different.

As for the #VlexoFree channel - I logged on just now and there was Me (ascenseur), ChanServ (a bot) and KevinM (?).

So yes, it seems as if the IRC channel has become disused.

Oh well, the Forums are probably safer, easier and much nicer to use :)

Regards,

firstly irc very bad idea prone to hackers and illgal hacking scripts witch can take part or all of your site down .

secondly i agree with eli thers not enough staf to run live chat .

thirdly i do think the ticket option is a good idea .

maybe we should have a poll of members that would be willing to do live support to see if u could gain enough members to make it be functional second time around .

I could easily make a special live chat script, I can write it starting Wednesday when I get my comp back from the shop. I could also design a auto-mated support AI, but volunteers would have to help teach it so it can return the best suited response. Although with the AI script, you'll have to be fully aware that it's like a child in the sense it doesn't know better than the parameters of what you teach it, and I can do a bit of bridging, to cover vague questions, but overall it could fill in the gaps and offer an alternative choice between volunteer help and the AI.

This will take a fully separate DB, and at least 2 weeks to train the bot depending on the informational load your expecting it to manage.

Sounds pretty cool. I would more rather have a comprehensive knowledgebase like in a wiki or something.

I am using the olark live suport on my website. In the free package they include up to 5 conversations at a time and it offers an account which I have paired up with my Pidgin client. I don't even need to start up the webbrowser to chat with the customers.It just an ideea.