Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scooby044

Unable to log-on to server

13 posts in this topic

I am getting a message:

Resolving ftp.gfwdollarsforscholars.org...

Can't establish connection --> ftp.gfwdollarsforscholars.org:21 @ Thu Dec 31 01:48:59 2009 (11002-100)

This is usually a temporary error during hostname resolution and means that the local server did not receive a response from an authoritative server.

However I can get on the other websites just fine. Am I doing something wrong? I have not changed any settings in the FTP program or anywhere else for that matter. Sorry for being a idiot.

It seems your website is offline, was your website transferred across to the new VlexoFree Server? You may need to update your domain name servers.

It seems your website is offline, was your website transferred across to the new VlexoFree Server? You may need to update your domain name servers.

I thought it was, but I may be wrong, I am not sure. How do I update the domain name servers?

Sorry for being an idiot, but are you talking about changing the "NS1.VLEXODNS.COM" settings? What do I change them to?

That is correct. You change the ns1.vlexodns.com and ns2.vlexodns.com to the following:

ns1.vlexofree.com

ns2.vlexofree.com

I hope that answers your question

As Patrick Said Above, you need to change to your domains name servers to:

ns1.vlexofree.com

ns2.vlexofree.com

This can be done as Eli said by logging into your domain registrar's control panel and editing them there.

I am getting a "server not found" for catoddities.com and mueller8.com. I already changed the dns at the same time I changed the gfwdollarsforscholars.org. Did I do something wrong?

Sometimes it takes some time for it to be updated, I have just checked and I can access all three links that you have provided. Try accessing them now and also see if you can login to your cPanel.

I can get into both accounts cPanels. But when I browse to the webpage, I still get the server cannot be found message. I can access the accounts thought FTP, but just not the web.

I can get into both accounts cPanels. But when I browse to the webpage, I still get the server cannot be found message. I can access the accounts thought FTP, but just not the web.

Try opendns.com it will make your dns update faster.

Okay I finally can get in. Thank for all your guys help. I also updated all the pages in the mueller8.com and gfwdollarsforscholars.org to reflect the "VlexoFree". I appologize that I have not been able to get to catoddities.com yet. Work keeps expecting me to... work! (the nerve) Thank you all again. I am sure I will be back with another boneheaded problem.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0