TheExposedOne

Photoshop

16 posts in this topic

*Lots* of practice, hard work, and disappointment....

Basically, get either Ps, Ps Elements (Pse) - or if you are strapped for cash, GIMPshop - and experiment, and try, and learn.

It doesn't happen overnight, it takes a long while

People are amazing because:

• they've being using it for years, or
  • they learned it somewhere, or
  • they're just talented, or
  • most likely, everything above :P

It's just like everything else in the world. It also depends on its goal, if you use it for creating or changing something, or if you just follow a client's request. It requires creativity and patience, and you have to like it, I guess that's the most important.

I think I got an A in my graphic design class in high school. We used photoshop and illustrator. Does that make me amazing?

I've used Adobe Fireworks a lot for a few years. I guess it's easier when you need more precision, I used it for making GUIs, logos... but I think you can't compare it with Photoshop, it doesn't have all the features Ps has.

I don't know any site in particular, but if you do a quick search on Google for 'Photoshop Tutorials', you'll get over nine thousand results! (a lot more, actually)

I personally don't like them tutorials,

I like a course that teaches me not how to use a tool but how to enleash the creativity within and let the tools be my pawns

I like a course that teaches me not how to use a tool but how to enleash the creativity within and let the tools be my pawns

That's almost poetical! If you find what you're looking for, don't forget to share it! :)

I like a course that teaches me not how to use a tool but how to enleash the creativity within and let the tools be my pawn

It's also why I prefer, is a much better teacher who has worked professionally as they say that the cartoons "DIY - Do it yourself" is not it?

Just continue practicing. I think it will depend on how much you want to learn. It requires creativity and patience. But it will surely work, hardwork pays in the end.