What is your favourite programming language?

33 votes

1. 1. Favourite programming language

• Python
    • Perl
    • PHP
    • Ruby
    • Java
    • LOL Code
    • Other (Please post below)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

First thing is I love coding...

My favourite language is C... I've been coding in it for past 5 years... I started with PHP an year ago and have started liking it, though I have not been able to fully learn all the features... I code most of the time referring PHP Manual... Then as of perl, I want to learn it after I saw a script to find people invisible on GTalk(XMPP)... AS of Perl, Ruby and Java, I know nothing about it... Starting with java and planning to start Perl and Python too if time permits... :)

Posted · Report post

Learning PHP and am loving it. After PHP I want to learn C and maybe Java.

Posted · Report post

Python for me. I love the design of the syntax because it's so readable. If a new technology appears, you're sure to find an implementation of python on it very early on.

I also like REBOL, but I think the fact that it's closed source, has been a major thorn in its paw. It has been very slow to mature and evolve.

Posted · Report post

My favorite programing language is PHP without a doubt. Mostly because it is the only programming language that I've had time to sit down and learn. I plan to learn Python, and C++ in the future.

Posted · Report post

It makes sense that on a forum site the most popular language would be PHP, but I am an avid Java programmer! That and C++, the reason I love these two languages the most is because of the Object Oriented approach! You would never want to, but I could make an OS with Java, it would have to run on top of another OS (which is why you'd never want to)

Posted (edited) · Report post

My favorite: PHP/mySQL combo

I knew a little about Java, C, C++, JavaScript, ASP, Perl but PHP caught my attention because it's powerful and easy to learn. :)

For software development I prefer C# rather than VB.net. But I'm well versed in web development rather than in software development. It's my hobby :D

Edited by shinryuurey

Posted · Report post

You would never want to, but I could make an OS with Java, it would have to run on top of another OS (which is why you'd never want to)

Would an example of this be android? That is the Linux kernel + Dalvik virtual machine + Java (language). I think that's how it goes. I could be wrong :)

Posted · Report post

The best organized language is probably C#. I also know Java, C++, JavaScript and PHP and I like them all.

Posted · Report post

PHP is the language, in my eyes, which rules the net. JavaScript is a close second!! or rather jQuery, for simpler easier ways do use it.

Posted · Report post

Replying to an old post but hey, I just joined the party :)

C# is my favourte language. Why? becuase everything I do in C# when writing tools is a royal pain in the neck when I have to write the same tool in C++ at work. Then again, PHP and Ruby are fun as well. Perl? We don't talk about Perl. Perl's name must not be mentioned ;)

Posted · Report post

i still junior programmer but i am a big fan of python...feel it's not complicated and easy to react with

Posted · Report post

I'm a fan of Java because of its versatility and as its the one that I'm most familiar with. I think the Java doc feature is fantastic and love jUnit for testing.

I have a fair amount of experience with PHP and Perl, prefering the latter for no particular reason and enjoyed learning a bit about python by doing the python challenge

Posted · Report post

C (Not C++ or # - both are too bloated) the granddaddy of them all! Check out TinyC(TCC) for a supper small and fast C compiler

LUA - fast, embeddable, small foot print, easy to learn, C like - in a good way, licensed for both personal and commercial use, large number of ancillary packages, excellent support, popping up everywhere.

Python - "The Snake is Great", a little bloated, would be nice to have a thinner offering -- there are some available but none are ready for prime time, like the license, a gazillion ancillary packages.

Most of you probably already have this bookmarked but a great source to see trends in Programming Languages is the TIOBE Index.

Posted · Report post

Assembly all the way!

Nah, just kidding. I'm used to programming stuff in C++ since it's mainly what I work with nowadays but I also love Java, C#.

Posted · Report post

Python for me.

I'm still learning it but I already love it. Coming from Java, Python is really easy to learn, and the Syntax is awesome.

Posted · Report post

VB.net is my favourite programming language. It is open source and has ample functions.

Posted · Report post

I use PHP the most, it's pretty much my favorite. Lua comes in a close second, but mainly because I prefer web dev to game dev.

Posted · Report post

I LOVE PHP!

PHP+MYSQL+jQuery makes web development a whole lot easier :D

I'm starting to pick up a bit of C# and ASP.NET too nowadays.

Posted · Report post

My favorite one is PHP.It is an open source scripting language and platform independent.

Posted · Report post

I started enjoying programming through "java-Control Structures through data structures", I did every exercise and program in the book twice. Since then I have studied C/C++/HTML/CSS at university. And my current job allows me to use JQuery and Javascript (writin mapping applications with openlayers and EXT-JS). I want to run my own site so I can get first hand experience of web development tools and languages. I am really looking forward to it.

Posted · Report post

I like JAVA the most because I want to be a Game Developer. But I also like PHP, it's for Web Development. :D

Posted · Report post

My favorite is php it is easy to use and understand. Though i reall want to learn JAVA.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Lol, I'm still subbed to this topic and get the periodical updates.

It's interesting how things change over the years. 4 years ago, I commented that I loved Python, and REBOL. Since then I've only been doing web development in PHP and JS/jQuery. I recently worked on a ASP.NET C# MVC project for a company and will return to do an extension there. I don't really enjoy working with that language platform though -- the syntax is always tripping me up.

I've been learning Ruby lately and will soon check out Rails. Ruby looks like a lovely language and I'm glad Rails is supported on Vlexo.

Edited by leke