Photo
- - - - -

What is your favourite programming language?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favourite programming language? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Favourite programming language

1. Python (7 votes [21.88%])

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

2. Perl (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. PHP (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

4. Ruby (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. Java (4 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. LOL Code (1 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

7. Other (Please post below) (6 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Christopher_Quackenbush

Christopher_Quackenbush

• Pre-Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:25 AM

Please vote, and reply below with why you like/hate/usr the language.

#2 Sharad D

Sharad D

Advanced Member

• VlexoFree Support
  • 1,694 posts
  • LocationBengaluru, India

Donator

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

First thing is I love coding...

My favourite language is C... I've been coding in it for past 5 years... I started with PHP an year ago and have started liking it, though I have not been able to fully learn all the features... I code most of the time referring PHP Manual... Then as of perl, I want to learn it after I saw a script to find people invisible on GTalk(XMPP)... AS of Perl, Ruby and Java, I know nothing about it... Starting with java and planning to start Perl and Python too if time permits... :)

With great power comes great responsibility

Please do not PM me for support. Instead, post in the appropriate forum and help will be provided accordingly.
Helpful links: Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Wiki - Tutorials & Description | VlexoFree Support

#3 rubik

rubik

• Pre-Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:40 AM

Learning PHP and am loving it. After PHP I want to learn C and maybe Java.

#4 leke

leke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOulu, Finland

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:33 AM

Python for me. I love the design of the syntax because it's so readable. If a new technology appears, you're sure to find an implementation of python on it very early on.

I also like REBOL, but I think the fact that it's closed source, has been a major thorn in its paw. It has been very slow to mature and evolve.

#5 Kiro R

Kiro R

Advanced Member

• VlexoFree Support
  • 426 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:20 AM

My favorite programing language is PHP without a doubt. Mostly because it is the only programming language that I've had time to sit down and learn. I plan to learn Python, and C++ in the future.
Yours Sincerely,

Kiro R.
VlexoFree Support Team

Please do not PM me for support. Instead, post in the appropriate forum and help will be provided accordingly.
Helpful links: Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Wiki - Tutorials & Description | VlexoFree Support |

#6 zngga

zngga

• Pre-Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:00 AM

It makes sense that on a forum site the most popular language would be PHP, but I am an avid Java programmer! That and C++, the reason I love these two languages the most is because of the Object Oriented approach! You would never want to, but I could make an OS with Java, it would have to run on top of another OS (which is why you'd never want to)
Zngga has Arrived!

#7 shinryuurey

shinryuurey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Donator

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:47 AM

My favorite: PHP/mySQL combo

I knew a little about Java, C, C++, JavaScript, ASP, Perl but PHP caught my attention because it's powerful and easy to learn. :)

For software development I prefer C# rather than VB.net. But I'm well versed in web development rather than in software development. It's my hobby :D

Edited by shinryuurey, 30 January 2011 - 08:49 AM.

"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes

#8 leke

leke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOulu, Finland

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:56 AM

You would never want to, but I could make an OS with Java, it would have to run on top of another OS (which is why you'd never want to)

Would an example of this be android? That is the Linux kernel + Dalvik virtual machine + Java (language). I think that's how it goes. I could be wrong :)

#9 malcom

malcom

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

LOL CODE. LOL :D

#10 andriy

andriy

• Pre-Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:14 AM

The best organized language is probably C#. I also know Java, C++, JavaScript and PHP and I like them all.

#11 AiC

AiC

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:57 AM

PHP is the language, in my eyes, which rules the net. JavaScript is a close second!! or rather jQuery, for simpler easier ways do use it.

#12 NoisyGerman

NoisyGerman

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:13 AM

Replying to an old post but hey, I just joined the party :)

C# is my favourte language. Why? becuase everything I do in C# when writing tools is a royal pain in the neck when I have to write the same tool in C++ at work. Then again, PHP and Ruby are fun as well. Perl? We don't talk about Perl. Perl's name must not be mentioned ;)

#13 islam

islam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGiza

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

i still junior programmer but i am a big fan of python...feel it's not complicated and easy to react with

My website : http://en.drislam.tk

#14 hawkmauk

hawkmauk

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

I'm a fan of Java because of its versatility and as its the one that I'm most familiar with. I think the Java doc feature is fantastic and love jUnit for testing.
I have a fair amount of experience with PHP and Perl, prefering the latter for no particular reason and enjoyed learning a bit about python by doing the python challenge

#15 eXeryn

eXeryn

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

C (Not C++ or # - both are too bloated) the granddaddy of them all! Check out TinyC(TCC) for a supper small and fast C compiler

LUA - fast, embeddable, small foot print, easy to learn, C like - in a good way, licensed for both personal and commercial use, large number of ancillary packages, excellent support, popping up everywhere.

Python - "The Snake is Great", a little bloated, would be nice to have a thinner offering -- there are some available but none are ready for prime time, like the license, a gazillion ancillary packages.

Most of you probably already have this bookmarked but a great source to see trends in Programming Languages is the TIOBE Index.

#16 River B

River B

Developer

• VlexoFree Developer
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:04 PM

Assembly all the way!

Nah, just kidding. I'm used to programming stuff in C++ since it's mainly what I work with nowadays but I also love Java, C#.
River B
Abstractly-minded Indie Game Developer and Scalie
Vlexo Development Staff

#17 triangle

triangle

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:09 AM

Python for me.

I'm still learning it but I already love it. Coming from Java, Python is really easy to learn, and the Syntax is awesome.

#18 Polarbear2

Polarbear2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:16 AM

VB.net is my favourite programming language. It is open source and has ample functions.

#19 nkorth

nkorth

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

I use PHP the most, it's pretty much my favorite. Lua comes in a close second, but mainly because I prefer web dev to game dev.

#20 jekpwns

jekpwns

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

I LOVE PHP!

PHP+MYSQL+jQuery makes web development a whole lot easier :D

I'm starting to pick up a bit of C# and ASP.NET too nowadays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users