stephen304

Un-legacy file manager gives errors on certain actions

11 posts in this topic

Whenever I try to use the normal, non-legacy file manager to edit files, it gives an error:

Access Denied: Security Token Failure

Functions in cPanel / WHM are available only directly through the cPanel and WHM interfaces or through our XML API. The administrator of the system has enabled additional security token checks which have flagged this request as possibly malicious. This may be due to an expired session cookie or the use of an older theme which has not been updated to work with the security token system.

Request Info:

Requested page: /406.shtml

Error message: security token missing

Form Data:

Key 	Value

To proceed with this request you must supply a valid login password. If you did not initiate this request, please logout and login again. Continue at Your Own Risk! 

Both me and my friend have this same problem on multiple computers and browsers.

These actions cause the problem:

View

Edit

Code Edit

HTML Edit

Also when I save in legacy, the link to continue editing brings the same error so I have to close it and reopen the editor from the menu in the legacy file manager.

Edited by stephen304

I cant replicate.

Try clearing all your cache and cookies and see if it still fails.

Doesn't help. Same problem on at least 8 different computers, mac, pc, safari, chrome, firefox, internet explorer.

No solution in sight.

Can you give me a step by step?

Im not really sure, i just know that no matter what computer i use when I go to the normal file manager and try to edit the file, I get the exact error as in the first post. Nothing else seems to be a factor.

This error should happen when the security tolken doesnt match up. meaning the "cpsess<number>" in the url is not the one that shows up when you log in.

Also make sure cookies and js are turned on.

This error should happen when the security tolken doesnt match up. meaning the "cpsess<number>" in the url is not the one that shows up when you log in.

Also make sure cookies and js are turned on.

Here are 3 session numbers from 3 different points:

/cpsess7698895319 Immediately after logging in

/cpsess7698895319 After clocking file manager

/cpsess7698895319 After trying to edit a file using file manager, at the error page

They look the same to me.

Edited by stephen304

The issue was related to a error in the Cpanel that wasn't allowing the file manager to work correctly. The fix was done on the hosts end after such error was found.